How to Embed Music from Playlist.com on your Homepage
1. Go to Playlist.com and signup for a free account. Once you're logged in, click on "Create a Playlist" at the top of the page. Add a title and description and then select the songs that you want included in your playlist.
2. Post your playlist. Once you've created a playlist, you should have something that looks similar to the graphic below. Click on the "Post" link under your playlist.
3. Configure your player. The "Player Configuration" page on Playlist.com has a few options you can select.
Autostart: Do you want the music to start automatically. Since the player is fairly large I usually put it in the news section of my site so it will appear at the bottom of the home page. Because of this I have it automatically start (I know I gave the advice of not automatically starting music on the web site, but obviously I'm willing to break the rules when I want to). If you put it in your welcome message where everyone will be able to see it then you may want to turn the autostart to "no".
Random Shuffle: If you have more than one song this will be a good thing to turn on so visitors get a chance to hear your entire playlist over multiple visits.
Custom Skin: Never tried that option.
Choose Color: Good way to have it match your site colors.
Get Code: Once you've completed configuring the player, click on the "Get Code" button.
4. Copy the embed code On the "Post My Playlist" page, you'll see the embed code at the bottom of the page. Click on the "Copy" button to copy the code.
5. Paste code into text editor. In the Rteamsite.com admin area for you website, either edit your welcome message or create a news article so you have a place to paste the embed code. In the image below I created a news article and titled it "Background Music". Important: Before you paste the code, you must use the HTML button at the bottom of the text editor, to switch the editor mode to HTML. Use your mouse or the paste button in the editor to paste the Playlist embed code into the editor. Click on the "Add News" button or "Update Welcome" button depending on the page your on to save your changes. If it's a news article, make sure you publish the article and have it available on your home page.
6. View your site. Switch over to your site and you should see your player and if you have autostart on, you should be hearing your music.