The 10 Commandments of Baseball
1. Nobody ever became a ballplayer by walking after a ball
2. You will never become a .300 hitter unless you take the
bat off your shoulder.
3. An outfielder who throws back of a runner is locking
the barn after the horse is stolen.
4. Keep your head up and you may not have to hold it down.
5. When you start to slide, S-L-I-D-E. He who changes
his mind may have to change a good leg for a bad one.
6. Do not alibi on bad hops. Anybody can field the good ones.
7. Always run them out. You can never tell.
8. Do not quit.
9. Do not find too much fault with the umpires. You cannot expect
them to be as perfect as you are.
10. A pitcher who hasn't got control, hasn't got anything.